Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Which is better?

I know... I'm over thinking and taking childhood silliness too far but this is my stage to rant...

It's been a thing lately: Disney Princess drawn to different proportions. I seen this posted at multiple sites - they purportedly show these princesses with 'normal' waistlines. The latest version aims to show 'plus-size' princesses. But Cinderella and Pocahontas would never been plus-size. Cinderella was neglected and most likely underfed so don't expect her to be plumply perfect. Pocahontas is/was a Native American subsisting on either a hunter-gatherer or 'primitive' agriculture diet. Neither of these life styles proffers sufficient calories to become 'plus'-sized.

So which is worst for children...
-unrealistic top heavy princesses with pencil thin waists?
-'normal' princesses?
-'plus'-sized princesses which do not reflect their reality?

One thing I have personally noticed... I do not watch television and not comparing myself against perfect TV bodies has been positive for my self image.

No comments:

Post a Comment